Lead Nurturing: Outfitters’ Top Strategies to Convert Prospects Into Clients

0
Guide marketing

Gathering leads for your guide business will only get you so far. The next (critical) step is to gently guide those qualified leads through the buying process. The key to success is knowing how to grow and nurture prospects. Convert them from prospects into paying clients.

Experts state that only 10% of leads coming in will actually be ready to pull the trigger and book a trip during their first interaction with you. The good news is, if you have inbound leads, you have an advantage. But can you afford to miss out on the other 90%? Do you want to?

The Research: Companies that actively engage in “lead nurturing” see an average of 20% more sales.

The Facts: Those who master the art can generate up to 50% more sales. at a cost of 33% less than the costs associated with converting non-nurtured leads.

Now, how can you get those same results? More good news: we’ve already done a lot of the dirty work for you. We’ve researched, read through reports and dug through tons of data. We’ve identified 6 of the most highly effective, proven strategies for successful lead nurturing.

Create and distribute targeted content.

You already know that in the world of internet marketing, content is king. Take this concept a step further. Finding a way to deliver the right content to the right people at the right time is what will make a difference in your ability to nurture leads. The best way to do this is to develop buying personas for your audience. Then create content designed to address each persona’s needs, interests, objectives and marketing triggers.

hunting outfitters

Engage in multi-channel lead nurturing.

Email marketing is considered an effective tool for generating and nurturing leads, but it’s not the be all and end all. In fact, if you’re putting all your eggs in one basket, you are most certainly missing out on significant opportunity elsewhere.

Businesses that excel at lead nurturing combine email marketing with other tools like social media, powerful website content, paid advertising and direct sales outreach. These tools help you reach, connect and develop relationships with more people. This will naturally lead to an increase in conversions.

facebook marketing

 

Don’t give up too soon.

Research has shown that it can take an average of 10 “touches” from the time a prospect enters the top of the sales funnel to when he or she converts to a paying customer. Yet according to one recent survey, 49% of marketers give up after just 5 interactions. Avoid becoming a part of this statistic. Focus on delivering content designed to assist prospects through the entire purchasing process.

Answer their questions, address their concerns and help them overcome their objectives in the process.

Follow up on time.

If you contact an inbound lead within 5 minutes of their initial interaction with your brand, you’ll have a 21% greater chance of nurturing them through the sales process.

It seems like such a simple concept. Yet it’s been proven to be effective time after time – especially in today’s ‘instant gratification’ society. In reality, you may not be able to reach out to every prospect within such a short timeframe. But, making an effort to follow up in a timely manner can vastly improve your chances of converting leads into paying clients.

Personalize your emails.

Let’s face it. We live in an impersonal world. As a result, people have come to enjoy and even crave more personalized experiences with brands. That’s why social media is such a powerful marketing tool. It’s also why personalizing your email newsletters will help engage your target audience more effectively. Personalized emails can generate up to 6 times higher revenue than non-personalized messages. (If you need some help creating compelling email newsletters, check out this handy guide.)

Align your strategies.

Many businesses fail when nurturing leads because they treat marketing and sales functions as separate entities. Studies have shown that conversion rates increase when both teams share responsibilities and expectations. Your sales and marketing teams must work together. Identify when prospects should be passed from one team to the other. Then, identify how to transition the nurturing process for best results.

The 6 tips listed above will help you develop a lead nurturing strategy that will increase conversions, boost sales and generate more revenue for your business.

Want more tips and tricks for growing your guide business? Visit our blog or contact us today.